Thursday, June 17, 2010

Letter to First Baptist Lockport

Dear Friends:

It is a beautiful morning in Warsaw, Indiana and the weather has caused me pause to reflect on being called as your pastor at FBC Lockport. It is sunny and the temperature is perfect as I sit on my front porch and watch my youngest son Keegan ride his bike up and down our driveway and street. Everything seems right--picture perfect!

This is how Paula and I feel about being called to First Baptist. It was a slow process but in God’s wisdom and timing—perfect. As we got to know the church, first through Doug Meye and Transformation Ministries, then through the search team, over the phone, we became increasingly aware of the solid foundation and heart for ministry that has been laid by many members and by the congregational leadership. Indeed, we learned that there is a solid foundation to be built upon to Grow God’s Kingdom. As we learned these things, Paula and I became increasingly optimistic that this may be the ministry God was calling us to.

As we visited with the search team in Lockport we instantly fell in love with the people we were meeting, your beautiful city, and the church. This love only grew as we began to meet the members of the congregation, answered your questions, and worshiped together. Lockport instantly became home and First Baptist instantly became family!

Paula, the boys, and I can’t wait to finally be home with our new Family at FBC! August 2nd in all likelihood will be my start date can’t come soon enough. Our home has been on the market for nearly three weeks. Please pray that it sells quickly. We have put a contingent offer on a home in the city and we can’t wait to begin having our new friends and family at FBC over. I know many of you can’t wait to get to know us better. Feel free to “friend” us on Facebook. I will try to frequently update my status—to let you know how the process of getting ready to move is going.
 
We look forward to seeing what God has in store for my family and FBC. Indeed we are all embarking on a new adventure full of possibilities and wonder as we await the awesome way He will work in us and thru us to Grow His Kingdom in Lockport. God is good!!

5 comments:

  1. You are moving?? You never told me that! Where are you going? Are you going to be the lead pastor?

    Wanna hire me in six months? :-)

    I'm excited for al of you guys...just wondering where you're moving too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley,

    We are moving to Lockport, New York and I will be the Sr. Pastor. We are very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very cool Dave!
    Are you pumped to be a Sr. Pastor? Do you think it'll be hard to not work directly with students anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very pumbed. In a way it will be hard but I know God has been moving me and my heart this direction for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!
    I'll be praying for you guys and your transition!

    ReplyDelete